Tuesday 31 August 2021

September TBR : One Month Wattpad Challenge!!

 



Hey everyone! It's Mia! Happy news, if you already don't know. In honor of my Wattpad review book reaching 1.2K views and more than 200 likes, I am conducting a One Month Wattpad Challenge. During this Challenge, which I would be doing in this month, September, I will only read books from Wattpad. I had a huge pile of books to chose from because before I became a physical book nut, I was a total Wattpad geek, and it's been so long since I read a book there. I have narrowed it down to 12 titles, so without further ado, let's get to them real quick! 


The Upside of Falling by Alex Light



This is a published Wattpad book and I have heard a lot about it. This has fake dating trope! 

Becca is tormented by her ex-best friend for being single, and the next day she finds herself fake-dating school's most popular, football team's captain Brett Wells. It rings unrealistic to me, since ex-best friend drama is understandable, but that doesn't sound like convincing reason to fake date someone you barely know! But, I am not complaining! 🥴 Besides, I have heard great things about this book so I am quite excited. 


Revenge of The Sluts by Natalie Walton


Another published book! And it's something that I wasn't expecting to read untill I came across it a month ago, after I had announced on Wattpad about the challenge. It's something out of my comfort zone when it comes to Wattpad. This book is tagged ‘feminism’, ‘friendship’ and ‘stop-slut-shaming’, so yep, you get the idea. 

The thing that pulled me in though was the blurb. It says school journalist, Eden Jeong (an asian character!), upon the release of a mass email containing elicit photos of female students at St. Joseph's High Shool, is taking up the lead to start tracking down the email's mysterious origin. However, the task only proves harder, when she's forced to navigate the dueling forces of the school administration, who also are the school's new vigilante group : ‘The Slut Squad’. 

That sounds freakin' awesome and I can't wait to read it! 


Fight For Her by Liz Plum


Direct link to Wattpad


It's another high-school romance. Rich girl - poor boy trope. Scarlet's life is perfect. She's rich, school's quarterback's girlfriend and basically admired by everyone. And then there's Elijah Black, school's most bullied outcast. But he's good-looking (that makes all the difference) and sweet and a good-listener, and these two bump, sparks fly and they are drawn to each other. 

Hm… sounds kinda cliché when I put it that way, but there's also underground fighting so… we'll have to see. 


Saving Everest by Sky Chase


Direct link to Wattpad


Ok, so I will just read you the blurb, you'll understand why this is in the TBR. 

Everest is the most popular boy in school. He's handsome, wealthy, and captain of the football team. He has the world at his fingertips, but he's desperately unhappy. And when those feelings become too much to bear, he tries to take his own life. On the surface, Beverly's different from Everest in every possible way. She's quiet, shy, hard working, and keeps to herself on campus, focusing on her schoolwork and her part-time job, distracting herself from her less-than-perfect upbringing. When Everest returns to school after his attempt, he's in more pain than ever. Discarded by his friends, he draws little empathy and too much attention from those who surround him. But when Beverly and Everest meet unexpectedly in a dusty corner of the old library, they discover together just how rich life can be when given the freedom to just be yourself.

👀 Can you tell what my eyes see?


The Opposite Of Falling Apart by Micah Good


Direct link to Wattpad


From the blurb, I thought this could be one of the new editions to my ‘A little different from Wattpad’ bookshelf. The book is about understanding each other and oneself's pain and downfalls and accepting them. The two main characters are falling apart and when they meet, they connect. There's no mention of love here, just them being friends, which I would love to root for! Friendships all the way!! ❤️


F.A.I.T.H. by JoPr


Direct link to Wattpad


Did I ever mention that this is my all time favorite book!? It is. I have read F.A.I.T.H. 3 times, even when I don't do re-reads and it would be my fourth time reading it. I would buddy it with my friend. I don't even know how to explain it, the plot is so huge, it's just mind-blowing! There's angst, mystery, romance, friendships, even thrill! 

The only thing I can tell you it's about this girl named, Rihanna. She gets admitted into an elite high-school, Dawn Academy. She isn't accepted well because of her mysterious enrollment which doesn't say much about her past. The rest, I would leave upto you to find out. Trust me, there are no exceptions for this book, it would screw your head. 


7:23 AM by K. Monroe


Direct link to Wattpad


This one I simply picked up because of the secret admirer trope. I've read two books of this trope this year, Letters to The Lost by Brigid Kemmerer and Tell Me Three Things by Julie Baxubam, I loved both of them, 5 star reads. And so, I realised Secret Admirer trope is my thing! 


You'll Be Ok by Sophie Wang


Direct link to Wattpad


I don't actually remember who, but someone recommended this to me. The author is 17, and it's her only work. The plot is again hazy, so I have no clue what this is about except it's a highschool romance. I am not getting any expectations, but I hope this doesn't disappoint me too much. Yay, young writer, you go! We support you! 


Our Song by MP13Girl


Direct link to Wattpad


Our Song is another high-school romance, enemies-to-lovers I guess? The blurb doesn't exactly say that they both hate each other, but Leah is annoyed by him, that's her first impression, because for her, rules are rules. No one is allowed to listen music in class, so why Blake? And then they are forced to do a project together in which they will create a song on how they feel about each other. 

Funny, an english teacher will give that assignment to high-school students… huh! Though, what drew me to this book was the image of two people sharing songs, listening to it together, and just… it creates a pretty romantic image. I like that.


The Happy Birthday Song by Rose North


Direct link to Wattpad


There's not much of a reason why I picked it up, except I have read two more books from Rose North, The Dreamer and Saving Elliot. I thought The Dreamer was amazing! And on her conversations page, everyone loves The Happy Birthday Song! And the storyline reminds me of One Day by David Nicholls, another book I adore! Again, we'll see! 


Storm and Silence by Robert Thier


Direct link to Wattpad


After After by Anna Todd, I think this is the most read series on Wattpad. It is insanely famous, billionaire romance.

The blurb doesn't interest me much. It says, in 19th Century London, every woman is expected to sit at home and look pretty, whereas, Lilly, oh so different from others wants freedom, not love, not marriage. And her life changes when she meets this angry powerful man.

In fact, the blurb makes me furious, because there can be just so many comments there, coming from men telling how a woman should live her life and this topic seriously fires me up. So this book better not get the worst of me, before it even shows me it's best. 


The Bad Boy And The Tomboy by Nicole Nwosu


Direct link to Wattpad


Such a cliché name, I am gagging, but again we shouldn't judge the book by it's title. But… can I judge the blurb?😭

Always comfortable being one of the guys, Macy Anderson is laser focused on only three things: studies, soccer, and a scholarship. Romance is the last thing on Macy’s mind, until Cedric Cahill ― the one boy she’s ever crushed on ― asks her out on a date.

Handsome and charismatic, Cedric’s everything Macy has ever wanted in a boyfriend. There’s just one problem: Cedric’s cousin Sam. Brazen and unapologetic with a bad-boy reputation to match, Sam has an annoying way of constantly showing up in Macy’s life. Something crackles beneath their “just friends” relationship, and soon Macy’s thinking about him in all the ways she shouldn’t ― pushing things too far when she’s around him.

As the tension between them escalates, Macy needs to decide if it’s worth risking both a friendship and a relationship to find out where her heart’s loyalties truly lie. Especially when the truth behind Sam’s bad-boy demeanor changes everything between them forever.

That's a to z, cliché, cliché, cliché. I would totally avoid this book otherwise, but the reviews say differently, and I want to give it a chance. 


So, that's my TBR for September One Month Wattpad Challenge. Hope you liked this post, we could always buddy read something, if you want me too. I would be posting those reviews on Wattpad, so you are welcome to follow me there for more updates. See ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

AM I A SALLY ROONEY GIRL | Reading Sally Rooney for the first time! :)

Hey! So we're doing this. You've seen the title. You know what we are doing. But first of all, HEY! WELCOME. Pleased to see you here...