Friday 31 December 2021

THE SERIES I WANT TO READ IN 2022!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!❤️



Hey everyone!! Happy New Year (I think I would be posting this along that time!). Wanted to let everyone know that I am alive and kicking it. I don't know how I feel about this year approaching so soon. It's Christmas today. I am pretty anxious. This year I read more than 100 books, 132 to be exact, it's huge. In 2022 there are many amazing releases coming, especially the ones in January!! Reminders Of Him by Colleen Hoover, To Paradise by Hanya Yanagihara, I Kissed Shara Wheeler by Rachel Lynn Solomon and so many others. It's getting crazy!! 


In today's blog, I wanted to discuss the book series I am really looking forward to reading this year. Last year, I counted, I touched 8 series in all, not finished them all but you know, like I read only one book from TOG, Dnf'd the rest, and I read a series which I couldn't complete because of its size but i am deeply into it, and I would finish it in 2022. I have always been more of a stand-alone person but there is so much hype out there for almost all of the ones that I have got in this blog and I would love to be thrown into a new world for more than just a week. Without further ado, let's get into it. 



The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes 

The first book of this series was released in 2020, and it's only until recently, after the release of the second book, this series completely blew up on Bookstagram and Booktok. For the longest time, I don't know why, I thought this was gonna be something like The Hunger Games, but it actually is a young adult, mystery-thriller series. The girl is normal :simple plans, get into a college, graduate, get out and live and then, just like that, when she wakes up to find she's the heiress of a billionaire she doesn't even know. Under other circumstances, I would be rolling my eyes. "Princess Diaries". But.. There are other people who aren't as pleased with this news because they were supposed to be the ones at the receiving end and now they are gonna figure out what connection she has with the deceased? And other chaos. I am not sure if it sounds as interesting, now that I know it's not another Hunger Games, but it blew up, ok? It blew up and I will binge it after the last book is released, which is expected later in 2022.




Slammed by Colleen Hoover


Ugh, I am wincing. I am so having second thoughts about keeping it here. I love Colleen, there are many books from her that I am dying to read, this series is not a part of that cult. It's a YA trilogy. YA Contemporary, although my favourite genre in books, I read some really bad crap in this same genre last year, and I would hate myself if it's like that. It's Colleen, I know, but considering these are her first books makes me inch back. Some people say they like the covers of these, but I am a better fan of her recent covers like It Ends With Us or All Your Perfects or November 9. I can't stop thinking, looking at them, that they are teacher-student romances, the trope I hate. Can someone convince me to think better? I am prejudiced.


A Song Of Ice And Fire by George R. R. Martin

This. I love this. I say it with my hand on my heart, I love this. This is the series that I couldn't finish last year. I read the first book in October, the second immediately following it, the next three are left. The characters are so interesting, and the plot is so huge! There's a LOT going on. It's written in multiple pov, fight for the crown kind of thing. But then there's the dark side in the north where there's vast cold lands and some mysterious creatures lurking, and there's this whole other place as well where they have dragons and there's also magic thrown in. SO MUCH going on. I was watching the HBO series side by side. These both are so addicting!! I am so excited about reading what happens next!



The Fallen Men by Giana Darling


I am totally stepping outta my box reading this series 'cause, 1) Men on cover who I just wanna slap to get the hell out of my face. I hate men on book covers! Or women (the new editions). People! Period! 2) This series is incomplete. Dunno how many more are coming in these, but seventh is expected in 22. 3) These are dark romances, motorcycle-club. Pretty much erotic, a lot of steamy stuff. My poor old-school soul is dying to run as fast as it can. I think they are all connected? I heard someone say that you have to mind the order, so i am guessing. I wanted to start reading a romance series for a long time, I want to get connected to some characters who all just fall in love and there's friendships!! What I wasn't thinking, was the amount of steam I wanted in them. The covers, even though I hate when I stare at them, were the only ones I was interested in. But just in case I don't like them, I might switch to the Addicted/ Calloway Sisters series by Becca and Krista Richie, or Off-campus/Briar-U series by Elle Kennedy, or L.J. Shen's All Saints High/Sinners of Saints series or A League Of Extraordinary Women series by Evie Dunmore. There's literally so much I can choose from. I haven't read one single romance series except the ones that I regret ever picking up as a teen. 




A Good Girl's Guide To Murder by Holly Jackson

You know I am gonna talk about this when I am saying hyped up books. This is hitting the roof "I-SEE-IT-EVERWHERE" kind of famous. I don't even feel annoyed because I have a feeling that this one might deserve it. I have never been recommended a series more in my entire life. This is YA mystery "detective"? series. She's actually a student uncovering a 5-year old closed murder case for her project but she starts discovering some secrets. And this is what kicks the spice. This gives me the vibes of Revenge of The Sluts, the book I read last year on Wattpad (don't judge, it's really good!) Also, not many people talk about it, but it has romance as a side trope, cherry on the top, so I am really looking forward to this! 


The Brown Sisters by Talia Hibbert


Look at the covers! They look so cute together! I have been wanting to read this for a while but I never actually picked it up. I am hoping I will do the good deed in 2022. This is also YA romance, contemporary. It's about three sisters and their love stories but also, there's self discovery and self love. Since these three are sisters, I am guessing we will see these characters in every book, which is just what I need. I need them to grow into certain people, have an arc and the family trope. I can't wait for this! I heard there was fake-dating and enemies-to-lovers here, definitely on the top of my TBR!


Aurora Cycle by Amie Kaufmann and Jay Kristoff


This is YA dystopian sci-fi. That's something that would be completely out of my comfort zone a year ago but at this point, I am open to almost everything, even historical classics. This reminded me of The Darkest Minds series which I read last year, because in that series, there were different powers and categories and I have heard it's the same with this. The Darkest Minds and The Vampire Academy, because they are getting out of an academy and are provided assignments, I guess, but the "vampire" part is going in a completely different direction. Anway, I heard there is a lot of action which I appreciate, I haven't had that since Percy Jackson. It's set in 2380, which is so exciting! And those covers are everything!!

                       

The Simple Wild by K. A. Tucker


Last but not the least! I have heard so much about this series this year!! (oh, last year). So many people had this in their "end-of-the-year-superlatives" on Bookstagram. This is once again romance, but not YA. Calla has always lived with her mother in a different country, but at 26, when she finds out that her father has only numbered days left, she flies to Alaska to rebuild their relationship. So, there's romance but also focus on the father-daughter relationship, which I adore!!! Enemies-to-lovers trope! And there's an outgoing girl! Ugh, honestly it's been so long I haven't read a Mariana Zapata book (she's my favourite romance author, queen of slow-burns and her female leads are such bad-ass). I am hoping I love this just as much as everyone does. There's a fourth book coming in 2022, January!


So, these are all the series that I can't wait to get to this year! Have you read any of these? What are your thoughts about them? Which is your favorite series? Please let me know in the comments, I would love to know about some underrated books or something that's talked a lot about and it's worth it! Till the next one, Bye!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

AM I A SALLY ROONEY GIRL | Reading Sally Rooney for the first time! :)

Hey! So we're doing this. You've seen the title. You know what we are doing. But first of all, HEY! WELCOME. Pleased to see you here...