Tuesday 21 December 2021

My first reading blog!! Did I just read another all time favourite!?

 



Ok, ok, ok. We are doing this. As you can see from the title I am gonna be reading two of Colleen Hoover's book and record my reactions to it, a live blog. Most probably I am gonna regret this after I post it because this is totally unplanned.

I started reading the first book, which is… NOVEMBER 9!! yesterday. The idea only hit me right now. It's 5PM, 11 October. If you haven't read the books, you still can read this, it's spoiler free.


Ok, it's been a long since I read a Co-Ho book and these are the only two I have with me right now. I am really excited. EEEEEEEE!!! The last book I read from her, it was two years ago! It Ends With Us. It's a long time. I think I am a big fan of hers. *laughs* I don't know how's that possible since I have literally read 2 books from her in past but I follow her on Instagram and all, she is funny, really cool, so there's that. 


Anyway, till now, since yesterday I have read 79 pages, which is like one part of the book. This book is divided into parts, I guess there's five of them because right now they are 18 and they are gonna keep meeting till they turn 23, five years. 'Till now, I am loving it. I like Ben's character a lot. He's so cute and his energy! *huge grin* And then there's Fallon and I think she's super cool! I don't know how but I feel like I am related to her (which I am totally not irl) but my heart is connected to her. I think it's CoHo's writing doing that for me! 


So, we have been through the first time they met. I am gonna start reading now, the second part, second November 9! I am really excited!! 


Ok, page number 83, which is just the first page of second part, I just wanna show you how funny Ben's mind is, like his character is so humorous, I love it. 



It doesn't sound funny when I say it out loud, but the first time I read it, it was. 


Page number 85. So Ben, is waiting for her and she's two hours late! Where is she!? Ben says the ownership of the restruant they're meeting at, has changed but that's no big deal right? She's gonna show up! She has to! Okay, what am I even saying there's a whole book left, of course she has to. 


Ok, so they just met. She's here. And… she has changed. She is confident. They do this long tight hug and they're like smiling at each other and that's the cutest thing ever. It remeinds me of People We Meet On Vacation, when the two main characters meet for a vacation after a very long friendship crack and they are so happy to see each other. It warms my heart. 


8 PM : I don't remember when I stopped reading. *fusses with pages* Ok, I have read till page 112. I stopped because something happened, in the book and I wasn't sure if I am supposed to tell you this, because it's supposed to be spoiler free and I didn't know if what just happened is related to the main plot or should I just give it away or what. It's my first time doing this, for help I went on YouTube, watched some vlogs of other people doing it (damn, they are good), then… I got distracted *laughing*. Anyway, I am back. What I wanted to share was, the way Ben keeps motivating Fallon to be confident in her skin and keeps telling her that she's beautiful, it's… it's perfect. It's so beautiful. Oh my God. The first time they met, he literally pulled her out of her clothes to prove the point that if he can look at her scars and still think she's beautiful, others would too. Because she's fucking beautiful. And he tells her, that people don't stare at you because of your scars but because you give them this look that it's somehow wrong to stare at you and that's exactly why. I was like, damn! And this time again, something like that happened. It's like, he keeps proving her that she's beautiful with all her scars and keeps giving her the confidence. My heart… During this one year, she hooked up with one guy who, her words, was relieved when she told him not to pull off her clothes and to turn off the lights and he, Ben, told her that that guy didn't deserve her. *happppppyyyy awed faces* And and and, I almost forgot, she just met his family! His two brothers and his soon-to-be sister-in-law. And some really wierd shit just happened. Kyle, his brother just punched him, like it was serious but why it happened, we don't know. Next chapter is in Ben's pov, hoping for explanation! Did I tell you there's two person pov? 


Ok, so we just found out that Fallon's father, who was very horrible to her about her scars and acting career... His fiancee??, the person he was hooking up with... just left him. Last year, he told Fallon that he was becoming a father again but when she found out that he wasn't rich she just fucked him up and I am like, yes bitch, you deserve that! Does that make me a bad person? But Whatever. It's a book.


It's 8:30 now, half an hour since I started reading. I've finished the second part of the book. I am at page… I can't tell which there's no page number mentioned, I guess 130? 131? (sorryy). So they just said Goodbye for the second time. She's flying back to New York, the same night. And he does this cute thing, buys the plane ticket just to give her this letter. For a second, I was so excited that he's going with her, but it was just a proper good-bye letter, still so cute! I was feeling sad when she sat in the plane but then he comes in as well and gives her her assignment for the time she's away.. So cute! The second meeting wasn't as great as the first one but still adorable. I can't wait for the rest of the book! I almost forgot, there's something Ben's hiding. There was a hint in first part as well, that was minor but in this part, with his family, definitely something major. Hmm…



Ohkayy!! Page no. 135! She's at the restaurant they're supposed to meet in NY! He calls her and tells her that he's still in LA and someone died. I am freaking out! He better be joking! It's a horrible joke but what's worse is that this person actually died. What's happening!?


Page no. 136 and the chapter just ended. It's so abrupt, like… Seriously? Is that for real? Are they not meeting this year then? It would be so awkward if they are waiting 2 years, but I guess not since second year was like the past year never happened but… I don't even care about this person who died (I AM SORRY! :(( ), I am just like, they are not gonna meet!? 


Ok, so someone did die. Untill Ben's pov a part of me kept thinking he was joking and he would be running late and pranked her but this is happening to Ben. And Fallon takes a flight and she's here. Ahhhh!! And he hugged her and cried into her chest… I have no words how I feel. This is… 


12:10 AM : So I stopped reading because… I have no reason *laughs*. Some small insignificant things and by the time I was done with those, I had real stuff like dinner and after-dishes. That's lesson of the day, stop wasting time on insignificant things. Shut up and read. Don't waste time.




Ahhhhh!!! These two are so cute!! 


Page no. 157. I can't even say it, read it! Just read it! 



These two!! Adorable! I am feeling dizzy with how drunk on them I am right now. But also, I think I should go to bed. I am tired. By now, I have finished part III, I think it's more than half of it. It's past one'o clock right now. The third part ended on a sad note. I feel sad but since I am kinda tired I don't feel the intensity of it. Should I tell you what happened? I would tell the brief version. So Ben wanted to end this one year thing. He said he was already in love with her and they should now just be together but Fallon doesn't agree and tells him that she's not there yet and he should focus on his life and the novel, his family needs him or else he's gonna regret it. They don't find a solution and Fallon leaves. So yeah… off to bed. See you tomorrow!


12 October : Good Morning, everyone! It's the next day, morning, and I am eating apples. It's pretty late for a morning fruit. Everything's late this morning. I am supposed to behave because I am doing this blog but obviously my asleep self doesn't care. Anyway, I think I would be reading just a little right now. I have a lot of other stuff to do, but just a tiny bit because I wanna know how the next year's gonna be like. 


Ok, page no. 189. Part IV just ended. It was short. Everything is awkward, dowwwnhill. They said they are not gonna meet next year but there is fifth part, sixth.. maybe even seventh. I don't know what to say. I am shocked. Oh God. It's so bad. They need to talk! 


Page no. 206. We just experienced one of the hottest scenes throughout the book. Their first kiss was hot, this was hot! See the difference! I feel good I am 200 pages in. They are sort of back together after 2 years, 3.. should I say? They haven't really had a heart-to-heart but high time they have it! 


Page number 211. This thing just happened. Fallon's date dumped her because Ben just confessed his love and told him about their history and this dude felt humiliated. He's walking away and he says, "She wasn't even that pretty". And Ben runs after him, punches him! And then this other friend of Fallon's, he too goes after them and punches that dude and Fallon's best friend throws her heels at this guy! I love this!! This is so wholesome! 


Page number 222. It's still fifth November 9, and she has found these stack of pages at Ben's house, the novel he was writing about them. She's about to read it and I have this bad feeling that I am not ready for it. She shouldn't. Respect his privacy.. don't. I am kind of panicking. 


Page no. 227, she read something from it, the novel. It makes no sense. I don't know if it's the "big reveal" because it sounds so stupid. Like, what the hell. I really hope it's just some small thing because….. because it's stupid. It makes no sense. It doesn't make me go "Oh my God!! He did that!? He's horrible! I am worried about these two.." No. None of that. I just feel that she should wake up. I would feel disappointed if this is the major turn of events everyone's been talking about. 


Ok, I am confused. Not worried about their relationship. And I think that's how the general reaction should be like and Fallon's panicking which just is making things annoying for me. Why would he do that? I don't understand. What's happening?


I have reached the end of fifth November 9. I- I am so annoyed! So annoyed! What the fuck? I have no clue. He has some explanation to do. He wants to explain it. And Fallon is just like, "No. No. I need space. There's nothing to hear. I read it. I know everything. You are the worst. You lied to me. I am going." He tells her to atleast read the whole thing if she's not gonna hear him. And she throws the novel out of the cab window and leaves. I am so annoyed at her because what in the seven hells is she doing? You know this guy for five years. He had so much opportunity to use you if he were a bad guy and based on four pages you read in random order, you're judging him!? Deciding that he's been acting all the time? I don't understand! This… it's not fair. I need explanation. He didn't mean that, right? Why- what- 


No tears? No tears. Dry eyes? Dry eyes. Still annoyed? Still annoyed. I am pissed at her. What is this sudden stubbornness? I wouldn't judge someone and flip out their whole personality in my head based on four pages! That's so stupid! She loved him and now she's just… She didn't give him a chance to explain and she's putting the whole blame, something that happened 7 years ago, on him. I still am not sure if this is an actual big thing. Hoping it's not. I don't understand how is this thing of any importance when she's changed so much. If I came to know this about Ben five years ago, I would have had the same reaction I guess, but now when she's changed and he's had a major part in supporting her and he loves her… how's it a big deal now? Even if it is, he has earned to speak and explain himself! It wasn't your right to invade his privacy, at least let him say for himself! 


Yeah, it's been 20 minutes since I stopped reading. Yep, the big reveal has happened. I am disappointed because this isn't what I was expecting (in a bad way) and I don't think anyone relates to me. I went on Goodreads for the confirmation, hoping I was past the point where anyone could spoil me. I read reviews from people who had rated it low, they were talking about something entirely different from me. I am taking a break, preparing lunch, it's 2:25, late as always. Next time, I pick it up, I am gonna finish it. 


4PM : Ok, so I am ready with my book for one last sitting. I ate my food, I watched one episode of Walking Dead (that's the series I am watching these days). Looks like I have wasted enough time, now I need to get started with the actual stuff and wrap this up. Untill now, I don't think I liked this book as much as I thought I would, but there are still some pages left and I am hoping that… if I had to rate it right now, I would say two stars, so I am hoping it atleast goes upto a 3 because my expectations were 5 and a ❤️ Heart, which obviously isn't happening because it has annoyed me. I feel bad this ruined here, up untill 60% mark, I was absolutely loving it and now I just want to wrap it up. Ok, so I would update you when I have read some more.


Oh my God. Oh my God! I don't know which page no. this is, there's nothing written on this or the next or the page before, but… oh my God. We found out something, the person he was with, the day before he met Fallon. Like, the night. Like.. *snickers* Wth Ben! What the hell is going on! 


False Alarm. Seriously. That was false alarm. The most panicked or excited I felt in the whole book, that was false alarm. Great. This book.. just great. I am taking off a half star just because they got me excited and then turned the fire off.. no! 


Hey, ok. I have read 300 pages, 10-ish left. I think at this point I can give it a 3 stars. No other comments. I think I should just go ahead and finish it but I am looking for excuses to get away from this book. It has turned me off. I am sorry. 


Done. I have finished the book. I feel… nothing. *laughing hysterically* Ok, I think I might be happy for them, just a little. She accepted that she was wrong, that she should've heard him. It sounded like she was apologising to me, so yeah I have cooled off to her as well. She has read the book and they're back together! It could've been settled an year ago but I guess she needed time. And… no tears at all. I was highly anticipating crying but I didn't get to do that, one more reason I am disappointed. Final rating, definitely picking out two stars, because, one it didn't make me cry, second, the plot twist. And… and what? I don't know. I am just done with the book. That doesn't happen to me often. Whenever I finish a good book I take my time to process it but I don't want that after finishing this. I am just like, okay, give me the next one. I really didn't enjoy the ending :(


Talking about my favourite moments in the book : the cute, the funny ones.. they are the best. There were two that were like the most memorable to me. One was, at the start of the book, end of part I, when she leaves him for the first time and he pretends to leave without a good-bye and then there's this really cute amazing scene. I won't spoil it for you. It's so amazing! The second one was when Ben any her friends defended her from that dude who said she wasn't pretty. Kick-ass! I really like the friendships although we didn't got to know any other characters except these two, like really form any connection with them. 


Things I didn't like.. ofcourse the last years where she avoided him and blamed him. I didn't like that at all. I had no patience for her stubbornness. And no closure to her relationship with her father. There was something like she said she might have overreacted to what he was saying to her at the beginning and it was just fatherly concern. That was so wrong. Forgiving him because you're a better person person is one thing but saying that it was "fatherly concern". Shut up. 


Final rating : 3 stars. ๐Ÿ–ค Heart (new introduction, Black Heart = Disappointed in the book.)


Now, I think I would be reading reviews, creating one myself, maybe. Getting over the book. And then start reading Verity. 


9 PM : Ok, the same day, 3 and a half hours later. I have no excuse as to why I waited (wasted) this much time and not just started reading after I was done with November 9. I posted a status on my Whatsapp, asked my friends if someone might want to buddy Verity with me. Unfortunately, no one even responded (ha ha), considering that I gave just three hours, I sound unreasonable, but ok… I can't wait. 


I have heard a lot of people saying that Verity is their favourite book from CoHo (no-one said that about November 9). It's… basically everywhere! Booktube, Bookstagram, Booktok. That's scary and exciting both at the same time but I still have high hopes. I don't know what's it with CoHo, I only have high expectations of her (Selfish? Unfair?). I follow her on Insta and I can't stop admiring her over there, so maybe that's a part of it(Man, she's charming. Follow her!), also she's hyped up. Ok, so I'll be starting now. See ya! 


I just opened the book, first chapter, first page, first line. 



I- Hello? That's- woah. Ok. Attention whore is this book. I know I am just gonna eat this up. Holy…


Page no. 3, (whimpers). I hate blood. I hate reading about it, seeing it, even thinking of it! It makes me so nauseous. And here it is, smeared all over her face and her shirt is wet with it. Goddamit- (gags)


Ok, this book is creepy. Man. Still on first chapter and we have heard of three deaths. Ma'am go slow!! First was graphic, it happened in the book and we saw how this truck crushes a man and all this blood. Second, this random guy's (she met him in the washroom) daughter, who he says, he pulled out of a lake. And then Lowen's (main character's) own mother who died of cancer but still there's something between these two which is making me shudder. Thriller. Ok. 


30 minutes later : Hey! So I just came back after having my dinner. Now, I am gonna read without interruption, late into night, untill I fall asleep. So, what happened till now is that, she's going into this meeting where she's gonna be offered the task to finish a series of some famous author because the author herself is dead. I am so excited!!


Huh. I finished Chapter 2. Lowen has been offered the job, she accepted it. And… I was wrong the first time, Jeremy's (who offered her the job, who also happens to be the random guy in washroom) wife, Verity, hasn't died. She's "sick". WHO LIED TO ME!? 


Ok, Chapter 3, first line says, “I had a boyfriend in my early twenties named Amos, who liked being choked.”, that just reminds me of this girl I used to know in my school (2nd grade) and she would bite herself (others sometimes too) and start yelling. I thought she was crazy. That's the memory I thought I would share (and now I feel guilty). 


13 October, 4 PM : Hey everyone! I just finished everything I had to do for the day. In half an hour, I am meeting my friend, so in the meantime I am gonna get cozy on my sofa with the book. Last night, I couldn't blog at all because everyone at house was asleep and I couldn't find a place to sit without disturbing anyone, and this morning, I woke up at my usual time, which I really shouldn't be talking about. Anyway… I, by the way, hate myself right now, because I totally overdid my make-up. I am not good at it, it's one of the things I thought I would be learning in my gap year. Ugh, I look terrible and I would have to go out looking like this. Why would I do this to me!? Thank God, the mask. Let's just read. 


Ok, Hey. I read till page number 110. Verity.. she's sick! Oh my God. I am so shocked. What am I reading!? I imagined the worst while going into this but the actual "reading effect". She is… crazy. Uh uh uh. I want to talk about what's happening so much but you also need to read this. It's horrible. And, I think.. Verity killed her daughters. One was found in the lake, other.. I don't remember what killed her, but it has to be Verity, something to do with her. 


I am on page 127. I would be putting this off for now, ONLY BECAUSE I HAVE TO LEAVE. This is un-put-down-able! Lowen, I think, has got a crush on Jeremy, if I am not wrong. I don't approve of that. There's something wrong with Lowen as well and Verity was so sick, Jeremy couldn't be that oblivious of his wife. I don't trust him. I don't trust her. Can we just keep it to the mystery…!!! I am scared! I will take the book with me, just in case I feel like the book is more important than spending time with my friend. (Hey P! If you are reading this, since you have read this book, I know you won't mind!)


9:20 PM :


Hey! So, I am back. I actually read 5 pages when I was with her. I am kinda tired and won't want to put down the book because I am sleepy, so without wasting much time, I will just get on with this. 


I am on page 149, almost halfway through. This scene just happened between Jeremy and Lowen. There is going to be a relationship, ok. I still don't approve. I can't trust Jeremy! He can't be this perfect! He was married to Verity for god's sake!! Am I supposed to ship them? Did anyone else felt like me? I so need to talk to someone about this book!


After taking a break :


Hey! So I just took a break for my dinner and now I have prepared my bed. I actually feel really sleepy, even though it's not that late. My aim is to read 50 more pages. That would get me to 200 page mark. Ok, I need to read, this is so interesting. 


Page no. 163. I am so horrified in the moment. Verity… she's horrible. I can't believe- (mouth palms). What kind of a mother- (mouth palms). She's jealous of her own daughters because of her obsession with Jeremy. She's blaming them because her body is changing and she actually hates them for it. She doesn't take care of them, she has just left them to strive on their own and- (mouth palms).


Page no. 179. I just finished Chapter 14. I had to change the position, I had been sitting so long on the sofa, my butt was freezing, so I got into the bed. Ok, this book is getting interesting. And, crazy theory time. I was observing that there are similarities between Lowen and Verity. So, they are both attracted to Jeremy. Verity was obsessed with him but Lowen, in spite of knowing all this about these two and knowing that he's married and happy, she still is crushing on him, that's something. Also, Verity is a total psycho. From her autobiography.. complete nuts. And Lowen, she has a dark past as well. I wouldn't spoil it, but there was this thing she did when she was young, her mother was scared of her and she sleep-walks, in short, she is mentally disturbed too. So, I was thinking what if this is some plot? That they are connected? I think that would be a good thing to do if this is a thriller. They also write in the same genre of books. Oh, and it's.. 11AM.


Sick. Sick. Sick. I am getting sick. What the hell, Verity.. Oh God. No. Trigger Warnings everyone. This is graphic. And she's really doing that.. to her daughter! Trigger Warnings. Child abuse. 


11:30 : Hey! So I finished reading 200 pages. This cute moment happened between Jeremy and Lowen. I might be warming up to him, but I still can't trust him. He definitely knows something. There has to be a plot twist about this. Like, maybe he knows about his wife and there's a catch. This man can't be as fucked up as his wife, right? That just makes him bearable. Let's see. It's 11:45, I read 10 more pages. Mixed feelings about Jeremy. Good night!


14 October, 7:58 AM :


Good Morning, everyone! It's 8 AM, I am getting myself a glass of water and then I would sit to read. Last day of reading! 


Why is she still at their house? Why is she moving here? Why? You know the woman upstairs is sick. You know horror movies? where they just keep moving towards the voice and you'd be like, screaming "Get out of the house!" "Call 911!" That's what's happening to me. 


Page no. 235. I am freaking out. Is Lowen turning into Verity or something?? The similarities! 


Page no. 284! I have read 22 chapters. I was thinking what could be a good plot twist? Imagine it wasn't Verity who wrote the autobiography but it was Jeremy's. He wrote it but made it seem like it was in Verity's point of view because he's the actual psycho. That would be epic! But maybe I am just working myself out. Why am I doing it? Turning him into the bad guy because I can't trust him. Just twenty-some pages left, is Colleen gonna blow my mind or is she not? 


Page no. 310. Oh my God. I will take a break for breakfast then I am coming back. I hate my stomach too! 


10:23. Finished it. Can I take a two minutes silence and comprehend what just happened. Collen fuckin' Hoover. I had so many theories and you still managed to shock me. Hell. Wasn't expecting that. I guessed a few things at least. The last chapter! I think I would give it a 4.5 stars. I loved this, trust me.. but the mystery could've been bigger, we just eliminated the bad guy (or did we not?). This was good. Hot. Good. Great stuff. Has Co Ho written anything else like this? And why is she staring at me through her back cover and hinting that this is her autobiography? (๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคจ) 


This happened. This was the mystery. Oh. I spent a major part of my life hating Verity and this happens. You know what? I might just give it a 5, because emotions are strong and hot in here. 



So, this is the end of me reading two Colleen Hoover books, both rocket famous. Big shoutout to her, her writing is great. I am recommending the latter to both my friends, they will love it! And I need more people to talk November 9 with me, because that book.. I don't get it! Let me know in the comments if you would like more reading blogs in future and what do you think I should do the next time. And I will see you guys in the next one! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

AM I A SALLY ROONEY GIRL | Reading Sally Rooney for the first time! :)

Hey! So we're doing this. You've seen the title. You know what we are doing. But first of all, HEY! WELCOME. Pleased to see you here...