Monday 31 January 2022

Letting Bookstagram decide my 2022 TBR! Quickie#1



Hey there, Mia here! It's a random day, random thought thing, I had this idea to let Bookstagram decide some of the books that I will read this year. 7 (the lucky number) books! That's not so scary right? I wanted to share it, but I didn't want to do a full length blog for it, so I decided I will do a Quickie series, where I share the books, what the idea of the blog is, tell you book's name, author's name, a little I know about it but I don't ramble a lot, would you like it? Whatever, let's go! 


So, I am heading over to Instagram, go through "#2021favoritereads" and picking the first seven of them, no cheating (we'll see about that), and add that to books I have to read in 2022. So, it takes me out of my comfort zones and I read what people recommend and I just really read. 


The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid 


That's not cheating. It's already in my most-anticipated bookshelf, but I saw it here, so yeah! Up you go Evelyn Hugo! Is it romance? I get the vibes. This book has been everywhere! EVERYWHERE! I will blog it, watch out! 

How To Kill Your Family by Bella Mackie

Break my mother's lamp. Or sister's glasses.

I haven't seen this one around so much but the title sounds interesting. I have already read A Good Girl's Guide To Muder (blog coming up), now this. But yeah! Is it a thriller? I would like that. 


Seven Days In June by Tia Williams


Oh, I have seen this one around. It's a romance. Black people representation, yay! I can't remember the last time I read one of those. This person, who's post I am at, says this became their favourite book ever. Cool!

The Goldfinch / The Secret History by Donna Tart

I have got The Goldfinch but maybe I could tweak it a bit, please. Both of these are thickies, and this book is frickin' 800 pages long! It should be negotiable. I just can't do it. I will do The Secret History instead because that's one of the most highlighted books last year too but this... The description says it's said to be modern classic. And it sounds boring!! I am sorry, later. I have fear of long books, please, excuse me. 


Circe by Madeline Miller


I loved The Song Of Achilles, not like an 'all-time-favorite' thing, but 'I-will-acknowledge-you-are-a-good-book' way. I don't know much about this. Is it also Greek mythology like TSOA? Who's Circe? Will figure out.


Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston



I need to read it. Who doesn't know about it. Royalty. LGBTQ+. Will catch up the hype!!



The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood


*flips table* Shut up! Done! I will! I have to! What's the talk buddy!? I will do ya! Yeah!




That's right! I am done here, 7 books,no surprises. Will see these three this year. Thanks for reading.

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AM I A SALLY ROONEY GIRL | Reading Sally Rooney for the first time! :)

Hey! So we're doing this. You've seen the title. You know what we are doing. But first of all, HEY! WELCOME. Pleased to see you here...